Wednesday, October 8, 2008

$ money $


http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Journalist/Salary

So after hearing the guest lecturer speak today I started to wonder about just how much a print journalist could make. So I just did a quick search on google and found some info on average salaries. As we learn more about journalists and what journalism is I think I discovered at least one thing today, and that is journalists don’t make a lot of money.

check out the links


http://www.simplyhired.com/a/salary/search/q-Journalist

http://newsguild.org/scales/index.php?ID=4937



3 comments:

Hi, I'm Rachael said...

The numbers are kind of depressing. Do you think journalists should make more? If so, why?
Also I have your blog linked in my latest post. I was talking about how much journalists pay (because I saw your tweet) and so I linked back to you. Just thought I would let ya know.

Nick Standiford said...

Man, that sucks balls!! My goal in life isn't to make that little of money. I'm glad I'm minoring in communications to see how it really works and if it would be worth it to pursue a career in this field.

Courtney said...

yeah, that's pretty rough. I think the key is figuring out how to connect journalism to a bigger field with more opportunities. I think those numbers apply mostly to those doing community jouralism, a job with not too much room for progression. Some prefer that route, but I sure don't. I think you just have to find your niche and see how far it can take you.